La Leona Waterfall Hiking Tour
La Leona Waterfall Tour with Lunch – Private Tour
A full day tour exploring off the beaten path in Curubande, Rincon de la Vieja Volcano with your own personal guide and transportation. The day consists of a moderate 2-hour hike alongside the celeste waters of Rio Blanco, and spot wildlife along the way. Once you get to La Leona waterfall, you can swim in the cool blue waters for as long as you like. Finish the day with a a typical Costa Rican lunch!
THE TRAIL IS FOR INTERMEDIATE HIKERS AND HAS MANY ROCKS AND ROOTS, PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DIFFICULTY OF THE TRAIL
Private Tour & Transportation from Pacific Coast
2-3 People: $190 per person
4+ People: $130 per person
Self Drive to Meeting Point
$45 per person
La Leona Waterfall Hiking Tour Itinerary – Private Tour
Hotel Pick up
After pick up from your hotel, you will stop for coffee and/or breakfast, you will be driven (1-2 hours depending on pick up location) up to Curubande on Rincon de la Vieja Volcano.
La Leona Waterfall Hike
The day consists of a moderate 2-hour hike alongside the blue waters of Rio Blanco located deep in the canyons of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano where you will spot wildlife with your local guide along the way. Once you get to La Leona waterfall, you can swim in the magical canyon for as long as you like. Finish the day with a a typical Costa Rican lunch! **THE TRAIL IS FOR INTERMEDIATE HIKERS AND HAS MANY ROCKS AND ROOTS, PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DIFFICULTY OF THE TRAIL**
Costa Rican Lunch
You will then be driven back to have a plentiful Costa Rican style lunch. There are plenty of options for dietary restrictions such as vegetarians, gluten free, and vegan.
What to Bring
– comfortable clothes, bathing suit, towel, good hiking shoes that can get wet, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat/sunglasses, camera
SELF DRIVE: 8:45 AM @ Centro de información DON RAFA’S LA LEONA y LA DUCHA
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 7:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)
Langosta/Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 7:00 AM
Conchal, Brasilito Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 7:00 AM
Grande, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 7:00 AM
Catalinas: 6:15 AM ($50 transport fee per booking, not per person)
RIU Hotels MAIN SECURITY GATE, not lobby: 7:30 AM (bring copy of passport)
Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 7:30 AM
Playa Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels, Condos Houses (Occidental Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Villas Sol, Condovac, Mangroove: 7:30 AM
Liberia Peri Supermarket: 8:00 AM
Andaz, Four Seasons, Planet Hollywood: 7:30 AM ($50 extra per booking, not per customer)
Dreams Las Mareas 6:30 AM ($200 extra per booking, not per customer)
- Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
- We operate this tour rain or shine! On rare occasions rain may cause us to cancel this tour
- In an effort to eliminate single-use plastic bottles on our tours, we provide glass bottles. Please return these bottles at the end of the tour. They are sanitized and refilled by Agua Rica
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- 2 person minimum, if you are a single traveler, contact us to see which dates are open
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationJW Marriott, Langosta/Tamarindo, Grande, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero, RIU Hotels, Ocotal, Playas de Coco, Hermosa, Panama, Planet Hollywood, Andaz, Four Season,and Liberia Hotels, Condos, & Houses
Departure Time6:30 AM - 8:00 AM (you will receive your pick up time upon booking)
Return Time3:00 PM
Dress CodeHiking shoes that can get wet, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, insect repellent, change of clothes, camera
IncludedGuideLunchRound Trip TransportationWater