Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands
Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands
Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands is definitely a bucket list item. Diver’s flock to this world famous location especially during the season for Giant Manta Rays. We´ll take you on an underwater adventure looking for sharks, rays, manta rays, octopus and a huge variety of marine fish we have living in our waters. In the right season you can even sometimes hear humpbacks singing!
Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands – Discover Diving Non Certified
While not a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the amazing underwater world. See how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear and find out what it’s like to breathe underwater. Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive. Have fun swimming around and exploring.
You will be picked up and taken to a nearby pool in Playa Flamingo. Here you will put on all of the dive equipment under the direct supervision of a PADI professional and learn breathing underwater, communication signals, and what to do in different situations such as when you are ready to go up to the surface.
After practicing a few basic skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure you´ll make 2 open water dives. We´ll take you on an underwater tour looking for sharks, rays, octopus and a huge variety of marine fish we have living in our waters, in the right season you can even sometimes hear humpbacks singing!
Scuba Diving Catalinas Islands – Certified Divers
We provide 2 tank dive trips daily Monday-Saturday. You will be picked up and taken to the dive shop base in Playa Flamingo where you will be fitted and put on your scuba diving suit before boarding the diving boat. You will then be taken to Catalina Islands, a volcanic rock formations approx. 40 min boat ride from the shore of Flamingo Beach
Our rocky underwater terrain is home to a huge variety of marine life, some seasonal. We can see white tip reef sharks, giant manta rays, stingrays, eagle rays, jewel and green morays, nudibranchs, angel and butterfly fish and schools of damsels, jacks, grunts and spadefish.
Our dive times are based on 40min max. Bottom time and a maximum depth of about18m/60ft. The temperature in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica ranges between 16-30ºC/60-86ºF depending on the time of year. Visibility can change on a daily basis..
Pick up Time/Locations
JW Marriott/Pinilla: 6:15 AM
Capitan Suizo Langosta Beach: 6:40 AM https://goo.gl/maps/3oM5DjQdRb2ZpSD98
Native’s Way Office, Tamarindo: 6:50 AM https://g.page/NativesWayCostaRica?share
Playa Grande: 7:00 am ($60 extra per booking)
Conchal & Brasilito Hotels: 7:15 AM
Potrero & Flamingo Hotels: 7:20-7:30 AM
Capitan Suizo Langosta Beach: 6:10 AM https://goo.gl/maps/3oM5DjQdRb2ZpSD98
Native’s Way Office, Tamarindo: 6:20 AM https://g.page/NativesWayCostaRica?share
Playa Grande: 6:30 am ($60 extra per booking)
Conchal & Brasilito Hotels: 6:45 AM
Potrero & Flamingo Hotels: 6:50 AM-7:00 AM
- Please leave minimum 18 hours after diving before you fly!
- You are required to complete a medical statement and need to be in reasonable physical health. If there is any question regarding your health you must see a doctor before we can allow you to partake in the course.
- Proof of certification is required for the Certified Diving Tour. You must show your dive licence to staff at the store when completing paperwork. Lack of proof may require additional cost and training.
- We operate this tour rain or shine! If weather is severe, we may cancel and you will be given a refund or you may reschedule
- You may cancel free of charge up to 24 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationLangosta, Tamarindo, Brasilito, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero
Return Time1:00 PM
Dress CodeBathing suit, towel, sunscreen, Dive License for Certified Diving Tour
IncludedGuideRound Trip TransportationSnacksWater
Catalinas Islands, Costa Rica