Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica – One Day Tour
Explore all of Nicaragua’s most famous highlights all in one day on this Nicaragua tour from Costa Rica!
You will see a dormant volcano crater, the active Masaya Crater, go shopping at the artisan markets, explore the colonial town of Granada, and go on a boat ride viewing the islets of Lake Nicaragua, and even get to feed monkeys!
NICARAGUA OVERNIGHT OPTION: Stay Overnight in Granada and come back any day you like!
$190 per person, $260 Overnight Option
2-3 People $300 per person
4+ People $225 per person
Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica Itinerary
You will picked up from your hotel promptly and taken to the border where your guide will help you in every step of the crossing, which takes about 30 minutes. The guide will make the process easy for you and will take care of all of the passport paperwork and visas. From here we will travel to eat a hearty breakfast to start off the day.
Catarina Volcano Outlook Point:
Here you will enjoy an incredible view over the dormant volcano crater, Granada, and Lake Nicaragua. You will be allowed to walk around freely for a while before getting back in the bus and heading to the next stop.
Masaya Artisan Market:
Do some shopping for inexpensive souvenirs and experience the Nicaraguan life style before sitting down for a typical Nicaraguan lunch.
An active volcano where you will have the opportunity to stand right next to its crater and hear it rumbling and spewing of gases. An incredible, rare sight.
Next stop: Granada!
An old Colonial town near Lake Nicaragua. Stop at La Merced Church, considered one of the most beautiful buildings of Granada. It is flanked by a large tower that houses the church bells. You will ascend the stairs and reach the roof of the church. From here, you’ll have a panoramic city view of Granada, Mombacho Volcano, and Nicaragua Lake with the islets. This is the perfect place to take pictures of the beautiful city and the surroundings.
Your last stop is a one hour boat ride in Lake Nicaragua viewing the Nicaraguan Islets around sunset. Your guide will stop by Monkey Island consisting only of monkeys that will come out and take food from your guide on the boat! You will then head back to Costa Rica, stopping on the way to pick up some snacks for the ride home.
Stay overnight in Granada and return another day! $70 per person extra, subject to availability. Does not include hotel, but we can help in booking this depending on your preferences.
What to Bring:
Sunscreen, Passport, Proof of flight out of Costa Rica, US Dollars to buy souvenirs
Entry to Nicaragua Requirement
SEND US A PHOTO OF YOUR PASSPORT to firstname.lastname@example.org or our WhatsApp
ASK OUR TEAM OF EXPERTS IF YOU NEED A SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT DUE TO YOUR NATIONALITY OR PASSPORT
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 4:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)
Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AM
Langosta Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:20 AM
W/Westin Conchal, Brasilito Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:45 AM
Playa Grande, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AM
Catalinas: 4:15 AM ($60 transport fee per booking, not per person)
RIU Hotels MAIN SECURITY GATE (not lobby): 4:45 AM (bring copy of passport)
Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 5:20 AM
Playa Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels (Villas Sol, Condovac, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove), Condos Houses: 5:30 AM
Andaz/Planet Hollywood/Fours Seasons: 5:00 AM ($50 transport fee per booking, not per person)
Liberia Peri Supermarket: 6:00 AM
Dreams Las Mareas: 6:00 AM
- Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
OVERNIGHT OPTION: Hotel is NOT Included, but let us know if you need help with this. Please send us what hotel you will be staying at, what date you will be returning to Costa Rica and your drop off location in Costa Rica.
- All border taxes are included
- The minimum to operate the shared tour is 4 people, if we don’t meet the minimum we will send options 1 or 2 days before
- It is prohibited to enter the country of Nicaragua with the following items: all kinds of Drones, all kinds of Binoculars, including those for Night vision, and any object considered for professional, journalistic, and similar audiovisual reproduction.
- Passports from countries such as the U.S and Canada receive an automatic Nicaraguan Visa upon entry. Please be sure your country’s passport will allow you to receive a visa upon arrival, or apply for the necessary visa to enter Nicaragua ahead of time. If you have any questions regarding your visa eligibility, please contact us. We will not be responsible for any extra visa fees.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants, or at the very latest 48 hours before the start of the tour. Please bring your passport on the day of your tour, NOT a copy. We need this information to expedite the border crossing process.
Departure Time4:00 AM - 5:30 AM (you will receive your pick up time upon booking)
Return Time9:00-10:00 PM
Dress CodePassport, Flight Itinerary, US Dollars for spending, comfortable walking shoes & clothes
Not IncludedBreakfastOpen BarSnacks
Hotel Pick up
Catarina Volcano Outlook Point
Masaya Artisan Market:
Next stop: Granada!
Boat Tour in Lake Nicaragua of Isletas