Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica – One Day Tour
Explore all of Nicaragua’s most famous highlights all in one day on this Nicaragua tour from Costa Rica!
You will see a dormant volcano crater, the active Masaya Crater, go shopping at the artisan markets, explore the colonial town of Granada, and go on a boat ride viewing the islets of Lake Nicaragua, and even get to feed monkeys!
Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica Itinerary
You will picked up from your hotel promptly and taken to the border where your guide will help you in every step of the crossing, which takes about 30 minutes. The guide will make the process easy for you and will take care of all of the passport paperwork and visas. From here we will travel to eat a hearty breakfast to start off the day.
Catarina Volcano Outlook Point:
Here you will enjoy an incredible view over the dormant volcano crater, Granada, and Lake Nicaragua. You will be allowed to walk around freely for a while before getting back in the bus and heading to the next stop.
Masaya Artisan Market: Do some shopping for inexpensive souvenirs and experience the Nicaraguan life style before sitting down for a typical Nicaraguan lunch.
Masaya Volcano: An active volcano where you will have the opportunity to stand right next to its crater and hear it rumbling and spewing of gases. An incredible, rare sight.
Next stop: Granada! An old Colonial town near Lake Nicaragua. Stop at La Merced Church, considered one of the most beautiful buildings of Granada. It is flanked by a large tower that houses the church bells. You will ascend the stairs and reach the roof of the church. From here, you’ll have a panoramic city view of Granada, Mombacho Volcano, and Nicaragua Lake with the islets. This is the perfect place to take pictures of the beautiful city and the surroundings.
Your last stop is a one hour boat ride in Lake Nicaragua viewing the Nicarguan Islets around sunset. Your guide will stop by Monkey Island consisting only of monkeys that will come out and take food from your guide on the boat! You will then head back to Costa Rica, stopping on the way to pick up some snacks for the ride home.
What to Bring: Sunscreen, Camera, Passport, Proof of flight out of Costa Rica, US Dollars to buy souvenirs
Covid Test to enter Nicaragua – Must provide a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of entry into Nicaragua. Most hotels have an option for this, or contact us to help you schedule one near you.
Health Pass to re-enter Costa Rica – You need to do another health pass, the same you did to enter Costa Rica the first time. You can use the same health insurance policy for this health pass. https://salud.go.cr/
Let us know when you would like the doctor to come do your test 1-2 days before the scheduled tour date.
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 4:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)
Langosta/Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AM
Conchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AM
RIU Guanacaste & RIU Palace: 5:00 AM (bring copy of passport)
Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 5:20 AM
Playa Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels (Villas Sol, Condovac, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove), Condos Houses: 5:30 AM
Andaz/Planet Hollywood/Fours Seasons: 5:00 AM ($50 transport fee per booking, not per person)
Liberia Peri Supermarket: 5:45 AM
Dreams Las Mareas: 6:00 AM
- Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
- All border taxes are included
- Passports from countries such as the U.S and Canada receive an automatic Nicaraguan Visa upon entry. Please be sure your country’s passport will allow you to receive a visa upon arrival, or apply for the necessary visa to enter Nicaragua ahead of time. If you have any questions regarding your visa eligibility, please contact us. We will not be responsible for any extra visa fees.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants, or at the very latest 48 hours before the start of the tour. Please bring your passport on the day of your tour, NOT a copy. We need this information to expedite the border crossing process.
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure Time4:00 AM - 5:30 AM (you will receive your pick up time upon booking)
Return Time9:00-10:00 PM
Dress CodePassport, Flight Itinerary, US Dollars for spending, comfortable walking shoes & clothes
IncludedGuideLunchRound Trip TransportationWater
Hotel Pick up
Catarina Volcano Outlook Point
Masaya Artisan Market:
Next stop: Granada!
Boat Tour in Lake Nicaragua of Isletas