Adventure Combo Volcano Tour
The best all day adventure volcano tour on Rincon de la Vieja that includes ziplining, horseback riding, river tubing, full buffet lunch, hot springs, and volcanic mud bath. The zipline course is the best in the area including a rappel, tarzan swing, and rock climbing wall. The river tubing is 5 km and has a great mix of rapids and ‘lazy’ parts where you can float and admire the scenery.
You may meet us at the park, or we can pick you up from the following areas: JW Marriott, Langosta/Tamarindo, Grande, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero, RIU Hotels, Ocotal, Playas de Coco, Hermosa, Panama, Planet Hollywood, Andaz, Four Season,and Liberia Hotels, Condos, & Houses
Children: Ages 6-11 $110
Itinerary of Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Tour
First you will get strapped in your harness and start the ziplining course through the canopy and canyons! The course takes you into a steep canyon over a turbulent river, where you will zipline, rappel and rock climb, cross hanging bridges and ride Tarzan swings. You will go down 8 zip line cables, 18 platforms, a climbing wall, a hanging bridge, “via ferrata” (cable) rappel, and a tarzan swing!
After ziplining, you will return to the tour base to prepare for a 45-minute horseback ride through the forest viewing the local flora and fauna of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano
You will arrive on horseback to the changing rooms to get ready for your river tubing adventure. There will be a short briefing about safety on the river. Then it’s just a short walk to the foot of the Victoria Waterfall where the tubing adventure begins. You will have the time of your life bouncing down Rio Negro’s crystal clear and fun rapids in your individual rafting “tube” for over 5 kilometers. The guides will be riding down with you to ensure your safety.
You will then be driven back to have a plentiful full buffet lunch. There are plenty of options for dietary restrictions such as vegetarians, gluten free, and vegan. Includes a salad bar, many choices of entrees and sides, dessert bar, fresh juice, coffee and tee.
Hot Springs & Volcanic Mud Bath
After lunch you will driven to the Hot Springs. Surrounded by tropical dry forest, the Río Negro (Black River) Hot Springs feature ten pools with thermal waters heated naturally by the Rincón de la Vieja Volcano.The soothing mineral waters are crystal clear and all natural, and the river flows through the pools constantly refilling them with water. Relax and enjoy luxuriating in our healing waters. You can also try our volcanic mud “bath”, where you smooth volcanic clay mud all over yourself like a spa “masque,” then after it dries, wash it off with a cool river water shower. The hot springs water will feel great afterwards!
Pick Up Times
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 6:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)
Langosta/Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 6:30 AM
Conchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 6:30 AM
RIU Guanacaste & RIU Palace: 7:00 AM (bring copy of passport)
Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 7:20 AM
Playa Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels, Condos Houses: 7:30 AM
Liberia Peri Supermarket: 7:45 AM
Andaz, Four Seasons, Planet Hollywood: 7:00 AM ($100 extra per booking, not per customer)
Dreams Las Mareas 6:30 AM ($200 extra per booking, not per customer)
- Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
- A professional photo service is available for an extra fee
- You can rent a Go Pro from us for $40/day – option available at checkout
- We operate this tour rain or shine! On rare occasions river tubing may be cancelled due to extremely high river levels, or the guides may decide that smaller children may not participate in the river tubing due to their size. If you have any questions regarding your child, please contact us.
- In effort to eliminate single use plastic bottles on our tours, please bring a reusable water bottle. We have large water containers to refill them. We will provide one for you if you do not have one!
- Lockers are available at the tour base, or you may leave your things in the van during the tour.
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationJW Marriott, Langosta/Tamarindo, Grande, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero, RIU Hotels, Ocotal, Playas de Coco, Hermosa, Panama, Planet Hollywood, Andaz, Four Season,and Liberia Hotels, Condos, & Houses
Departure Time6:00 AM - 7:30 AM (you will receive your pick up time upon booking)
Return Time6:30 PM
Dress CodeSecure shoes that can get wet, bathing suit, sunscreen, insect repellent, change of clothes, camera, reusable water container
IncludedGuideHotel Pick up & Drop OffLunchWater
Hot Springs & Volcanic Mud Bath
Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, Guanacaste Province