Canyoning in the Lost Canyon
This Arenal Costa Rica canyoning adventure tour will take you where very few have had the privilege to roam: The Lost Canyon! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime! The perfect place for first-timers and experienced canyoning enthusiasts. Trek deep into the Costa Rica rainforest and rappel the biggest waterfalls near the Arenal Volcano!Book online now!
You’ll rappel down huge waterfalls, jump into pools, zip down guided rappels, downclimb the canyon walls and river boulders, and hike up through the rainforest. We pack all kinds of adventure into the best canyoning experience in Costa Rica!
- Door-to-door service: We provide door-to-door service and pick you up at your hotel.
- Lost Canyon Ops Center: After a fun, 25-minute ride in your Jungle Limo, you’ll arrive at the Lost Canyon Ops Center. Is canyoning safe in Costa Rica? Your professional Desafio adventure guides will fit you with high-quality canyoneering gear and give you a safety talk and canyoning demonstration before beginning your adventure.
- Baby steps: Start off the rappelling-leg of your canyoning journey with the first waterfall referred to as the “Baby,” a small-sized 10-ft waterfall that allows you to ease your way into learning the ropes — literally!
- Just LET GO!: You’ll soon reach what we fondly call the “Big Boy,” the second largest waterfall. About half-way through your rappel, you’ll hear the call to “LET GO!” – a few moments later you’ll experience your first guided, adrenaline-pumping canyon free fall! Heart racing and eyes sparkling, you’ll continue your journey through the canyon as you build up to the largest Lost Canyon challenge: an exciting 200ft waterfall rappel.
- Warrior Buffet: When you finish your tour, settle in for your best meal in Costa Rica at our famous WARRIOR BUFFET full of delicious, home-cooked food.
Pick Up Times
Casa Luna, Arenal Green, Pradera, Lomas del Volcán Magic Mountain: 7:25 AM, 9:55 AM, 12:55 PM
Fortuna Centro: 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM
Los Lagos, Royal Corín, Baldi,Volcano Inn: 7:20 AM, 9:50 AM, 12:50 PM
Volcano Lodge: 7:15 AM, 9:45 AM, 12:45 PM
Arenal Springs, Arenal Manoa: 7:10 AM, 9:40 AM, 12:40 PM
Arenal Nayara, Mountain Paradise: 7:05 AM, 9:35 AM, 12:35 PM
Arenal Paraiso, Montaña de Fuego, Lavas: 7:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM
Kioro, Tabacon, The Springs: 6:50 AM, 9:20 AM, 12:20 PM
Arenal Lodge, Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge : 6:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM (EXTRA FEE $20 per trip or $40 roundtrip)
Chahagua Rainforest: 6:40 AM, 9:10 AM, 12:10 AM
ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $25; $50 rndtrp
ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $35/trip; $70 rndtrp
- Dry bags are available for purchase if you would like to bring a camera
- For reasons beyond our control (climate, river levels, etc.), we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options so you don’t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run. This adventure involves some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition! While the recommended weight limit for our canyoneering (rappelling) tour and most zip line tours is 220 lbs (100 kilos) it’s more about waist size than weight as the ropes (canyoneering) and cables (zip lines) are rated for well over 220 lbs but the maximum waist size for the harnesses used for these tours is 42 inches. So if you are a little over 220 lbs but your waist is less than 42 inches you can still do these tours.
- We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
- Photos are available for purchase
- We operate this tour rain or shine! On rare occasions river tubing may be cancelled due to extremely high river levels, or the guides may decide that smaller children may not participate in the river tubing due to their size. If you have any questions regarding your child, please contact us.
- In effort to eliminate single use plastic bottles on our tours, please bring a reusable water bottle. We have large water containers to refill them. We will provide one for you if you do not have one!
- You may cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before start of the tour.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the start of the tour will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge. Extreme cases are taken into consideration.
Departure/Return LocationArenal/La Fortuna Hotels
Departure Time7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM
Dress CodeClothes that can get wet, secure shoes that can get wet, sunscreen, insect repellent, change of clothes, money to buy photos or T Shirt
Not IncludedRound Trip TransportationSnacks
Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica