Arenal Volcano Walk & Hike
Arenal Volcano Walk & Hike
Explore one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in Costa Rica. Walk & Hike through the National Park surrounding the majestic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano 1968 Park and other reserves along the border of the National Park are one of the most visited places in all of Central America.
Rates per person
$64 + taxes
Arenal Volcano Walk & Hike Tour
We’ll start the tour off by picking you up at your hotel and driving to the entrance of the 1968 Trail.
You can use the facilities and read up on the history of the area before your guided walk. Then we’ll hike through well-groomed, easy trails that skirt the base of the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal Area.
This part of the Arenal Volcano had sections that were devastated by the lava flow of 1968, so some areas have very little vegetation. Enjoy an extraordinary 1.5-hour rainforest natural history walk with a knowledgable guide.
This guided walk of the 1968 Trail provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato.
We have chosen the appropriate trail for better wildlife viewing. There are parts of each trail that has forested areas where your nature guide will try to spot birds, monkeys and other animals in their natural habitat.
Kids, families and all nature lovers enjoy this Arenal Volcano tour for the gorgeous views and opportunities for wildlife viewing.
Hotel list & Pick Up Times:
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa: 7:00 am, 1:00 pm
Manoa, Nayara, Mountain Paradise: 7:10 am, 1:10 pm
Eco Arenal, Noahs Forest: 7:20 am, 1:20 pm
San Bosco, Poshpacker: 7:25 am, 1:25 pm
These times are an approximate, we’ll send you the exact pick up time once the reservation is confirmed
- This Arenal Volcano hike Costa Rica is operated in the Arenal Volcano National Park in the morning tour and the 1968 Trail for the afternoon for better wildlife viewing.
- We are a company that prides itself in sound ecological and sustainable tourism practices. We adhere to Costa Rica National Park guidelines to stay on authorized paths and do not permit the extraction of plants or the feeding of wild animals.
- For cancelation with less than 90 days, the penalization will be 25%.
- With less than 60 days the penalization will be 50%.
- With less than 45 days the penalization will be 100%.
- For cancellations, due to COVID-19, the payment is not refundable but the amount paid is a long life deposit, which means that can be used in a future reservation. (including the current tax at the time)
Departure/Return LocationHotels in Fortuna & Nuevo Arenal
Departure Time7:30 AM, 1:30 PM
Return Time10:30 PM, 4:30 PM
Dress CodeBug repellent, camera, binoculars, closed-toe shoes like hiking or tennis shoes, rain gear, hat, comfortable clothes
IncludedGuideLunchRound Trip TransportationWater
History of this place
Perfect time for photos and sightseeing
Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica